Menswear: The Sales Thread!! Start Dates Store Info And Bargainlicious Pick Ups!!


Show original post
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

7 Jan 2013 11:44
MW @ 70% now
antonio_pt
antonio_pt avatar

362 posts since 22/12/11

7 Jan 2013 11:47
http://dontlurk.me/3k started.
ChrisAlright
ChrisAlright avatar

1477 posts since 29/6/08

7 Jan 2013 11:55
carl lewis wrote: MW @ 70% now

No it's not. It's women's only. Can you do everyone a favour and confirm your rumours before spreading it? Cheers.

We all appreciate the heads up but only like 40% of your posts are accurate.
fluent
fluent avatar

260 posts since 26/11/11

7 Jan 2013 12:03
internet fashion forums are serious business
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

7 Jan 2013 12:08
I got the email and posted, plus Alice is on here Eye-wink

All good complaining, but havent seen much from you since you got ripped on your Alan Partridge outift.

If you dont like the informatation buy at full price :p
paint.ldn
paint.ldn avatar

709 posts since 20/11/11

7 Jan 2013 12:17
ChrisAlright wrote:
carl lewis wrote: MW @ 70% now

No it's not. It's women's only. Can you do everyone a favour and confirm your rumours before spreading it? Cheers.

We all appreciate the heads up but only like 40% of your posts are accurate.

certain items have gone to 70%, doesn't mean every item is at 70%. Can you do everyone a favour and confirm your rumours before spreading it? Cheers

edit: and from what i've seen 100% of your posts are inaccurate
ChrisAlright
ChrisAlright avatar

1477 posts since 29/6/08

7 Jan 2013 12:17
Rags, i still looked like a sick guy, and I didn't give a fuck that I got rinsed by some randoms on here.

When was your last wawyt?

I do appreciate the info, but its better to be accurate than the boy who cried wolf, eg COS sale is definitely today, tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that, or the day after that, or the day after that, or the day after that, etc
joe6886
joe6886 avatar

953 posts since 16/11/08

7 Jan 2013 12:19
ilikeashirt wrote: UO have made further reductions.
15ACE for 15% off.

Cheers for this, ordered a shirt last night for £100. Just re-ordered it for £68. Csb
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

7 Jan 2013 12:22
But after that you went ghost you posting on regs before that.

Dec I posted

For COS not sure where you getting your info from Puzzled I went in store they said Boxing day, but could be anytime just before, it went online before though shit.

Conductor the king of COS so was telling people to ask him mostly.
FLG
FLG avatar

5894 posts since 21/5/04

7 Jan 2013 13:08
generic_guy wrote: Having not been on Fuk much for quite a while I have noticed the attitude to sales has completely changed.
I remember before the consensus was anything decent would have gone by the time sales started, and if not then definitely as soon as it was reduced.
The expectation of getting things 50-70% off wasn't there at all, and the excitement/hype around when sales started didn't really exist either.

How much of that is due to the changing shopping landscape (ie better, earlier reductions, more stuff hitting sales) and how much is just different people on Fuk I'm not quite sure.

A mixture of things have led to this IMO. A weakened retail sector has led to more and earlier discounting, increase in online only retailers working on lower running costs can operate on a lower profit margin (further affecting physical retailers). It's essentially weakness of competition driving prices down.
As others have pointed out the increase in clothing costs (due to oil prices, higher cotton costs, transportation costs, strength of the production countries economy increasing hugely) combined with less disposable income.

Definitely a change in thinking too. Most folk on here expect alot for next to nothing. The talk of stacking codes, quidco, free delivery etc is getting embarrassing. If people need to go to such extents to get the products they want they should maybe consider these products are outwith their financial reach IMO.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

4136 posts since 13/1/12

7 Jan 2013 13:13
ChrisAlright wrote: Rags, i still looked like a sick guy, and I didn't give a fuck that I got rinsed by some randoms on here.

When was your last wawyt?

I do appreciate the info, but its better to be accurate than the boy who cried wolf, eg COS sale is definitely today, tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that, or the day after that, or the day after that, or the day after that, etc

Rags ????? Sticking out tongue

This aint the 90's mate
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

7 Jan 2013 13:15
FLG wrote: The talk of stacking codes, quidco, free delivery etc is getting embarrassing. If people need to go to such extents to get the products they want they should maybe consider these products are outwith their financial reach IMO.

Don't think that's true. Would you rather pay £50 for something or £40? People ask for codes because nobody wants to pay more than they have to and because retailers very often make these codes available.
FLG
FLG avatar

5894 posts since 21/5/04

7 Jan 2013 13:34
Yeah I agree with that thinking. It's the "this item is half price here, then stack these codes for a further 25% off, this one for free shipping, and don't forget quidco for the 45p cash back" that is embarrassing.
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

7 Jan 2013 13:35
It's a bit of a game, shopping online, and getting money off is all part of the fun
haithurimshay
haithurimshay avatar

1103 posts since 27/3/11

7 Jan 2013 13:38
FLG wrote: Yeah I agree with that thinking. It's the "this item is half price here, then stack these codes for a further 25% off, this one for free shipping, and don't forget quidco for the 45p cash back" that is embarrassing.

LOL

people & their silly ideals

if you can save money then do so, no matter how "embarrassing" it is
MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

7 Jan 2013 13:40
Change the name of sales thread to the gypo thread Laughing out loud
FLG
FLG avatar

5894 posts since 21/5/04

7 Jan 2013 13:42
haithurimshay wrote:
FLG wrote: Yeah I agree with that thinking. It's the "this item is half price here, then stack these codes for a further 25% off, this one for free shipping, and don't forget quidco for the 45p cash back" that is embarrassing.

LOL

people & their silly ideals

if you can save money then do so, no matter how "embarrassing" it is

If you spend your day's using quidco for literally pence off (probably an item that you don't actually need but are buying due to it's near comical price) then you should be embarrassed IMO
Jimmy326
Jimmy326 avatar

4593 posts since 22/9/07

7 Jan 2013 13:44
I emailed LNCC today asking if I could pay full price for a Sale item. Just doing my bit to stimulate the economy. Fuck austerity.
Konshi
Konshi avatar

83 posts since 11/5/11

7 Jan 2013 13:47
Only really embarrassing example you're giving would be going the extra mile to use quidco for pennies, all other instances of sales and using codes can add up to save a somewhat substantial amount of money
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

7 Jan 2013 13:55
People loool @ qudico but when you got £500 and take yourself away it's all good.

You get 50% off wear it, you sell it for retail or more and you cop something else, what is wrong with that?

Remember Locks copped some free runs for his Missus at £20, said he got bare love for time.