Menswear: The where can I get this from? thread


Show original post
Copper
Copper avatar

2974 posts since 29/11/11

11 Jan 2021 11:56
RVP10 wrote: Looking for jeans with a short inseam, probably 30. Don’t have to be anything special, just sick of folding the hems up on stuff that’s too long.

Studio D’artisan Ivy fit jeans are cropped slightly

Any reason why you can’t just get them hemmed??
Mosoona
Mosoona avatar

392 posts since 25/5/15

11 Jan 2021 12:26
On the cheaper side, Arket’s cropped ones are just normal 30” fitting ones for the short-legged amongst us (it me). On the even cheaper side M&S (no nan) and Weekday can be not horrible.
RVP10
RVP10 avatar

255 posts since 3/4/12

11 Jan 2021 12:28
Copper wrote: Any reason why you can’t just get them hemmed??

I always seem to end up with a weird fit when I do that, or the dry cleaner will fuck them up in some other way doing the work Laughing out loud
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9980 posts since 16/9/02

11 Jan 2021 12:48
Edwin is quite reasonable and they do 30" leg
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7975 posts since 21/4/05

16 Jan 2021 13:24
Can anyone recommend a site for good quality blank leather belts, ideally in suede or tumbled leather and a simple Chicago screw fitting? Seems either dodgy quality or a bit expensive and formal (Equus etc)

spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2522 posts since 12/6/10

16 Jan 2021 13:44
RVP10 wrote: Looking for jeans with a short inseam, probably 30. Don’t have to be anything special, just sick of folding the hems up on stuff that’s too long.


Iron Heart have started doing shorter inseams versions of some of their cuts
Rez
Rez avatar

8704 posts since 5/4/09

16 Jan 2021 13:55
More brands should do shorter inseams imo, taking them up doesn't always work as they'll have a wider hem that doesn't sit right
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9980 posts since 16/9/02

16 Jan 2021 14:43
Crackajack wrote: Can anyone recommend a site for good quality blank leather belts, ideally in suede or tumbled leather and a simple Chicago screw fitting? Seems either dodgy quality or a bit expensive and formal (Equus etc)

Etsy might be worth a look?
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7975 posts since 21/4/05

16 Jan 2021 14:52
generic_guy wrote:
Crackajack wrote: Can anyone recommend a site for good quality blank leather belts, ideally in suede or tumbled leather and a simple Chicago screw fitting? Seems either dodgy quality or a bit expensive and formal (Equus etc)

Etsy might be worth a look?

Had a quick browse but I find it infuriating trying to use it! No UK sellers with what I'm after really.
LFC
LFC avatar

5671 posts since 14/6/11

25 Jan 2021 09:41

Anyone know what Willy’s flannel is please?
Rez
Rez avatar

8704 posts since 5/4/09

posted 25 Jan 2021 10:01, edited 25 Jan 2021 10:01
think its this

https://waxlondon.com/mens-clothing/whiting-shirt-black-beatnik/

edit, no its not check is different
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7180 posts since 5/6/07

25 Jan 2021 20:11
Rez wrote: think its this

https://waxlondon.com/mens-clothing/whiting-shirt-black-beatnik/

edit, no its not check is different

PM deuce re Wax London. He loves the stuff
classikon
classikon avatar

200 posts since 2/2/14

posted 29 Jan 2021 18:10, edited 29 Jan 2021 18:10
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_iBXtjcCZ/



id on Hector's shirt pls

Sneakysbest
Sneakysbest avatar

2034 posts since 28/1/12

29 Jan 2021 20:15
Literally any graphics card that isn’t 100% marked up
LFC
LFC avatar

5671 posts since 14/6/11

30 Jan 2021 21:47
LFC wrote:
Anyone know what Willy’s flannel is please?

This is God’s True Cashmere. $2000 or so a shirt Laughing out loud Cry
MattC
MattC avatar

837 posts since 20/3/12

30 Jan 2021 22:05
It is nice though
LFC
LFC avatar

5671 posts since 14/6/11

30 Jan 2021 22:06
Yep it’s perfect, but can now see why.
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1625 posts since 30/3/11

31 Jan 2021 00:12
Mr. Pitt is said to be the silent partner behind God's True Cashmere, a line of clothes produced by Sat Hari Khalsa

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/article/brad-pitt-grunge-2020
lothian
lothian avatar

481 posts since 2/11/12

14 Feb 2021 10:43
My beloved orslow New Yorker sweatpants are worn through from WFH life, does anyone have recommendations for sweats that aren’t the standard Nike grey jobbies?

TheConductor
TheConductor avatar

4294 posts since 17/11/09

14 Feb 2021 11:39
And Wander Top Fleece jacket in black size 2, preferably discounted?