Menswear: Which watch?


Show original post
swede
swede avatar

8244 posts since 21/3/09

13 Jan 2020 20:23
Ubercool
ismvil
ismvil avatar

783 posts since 16/9/11

posted 14 Jan 2020 12:52, edited 14 Jan 2020 12:52
My addition to the hairy hand club


Trent
Trent avatar

1866 posts since 18/1/09

14 Jan 2020 15:26
Love the watch but sits MASSIVE on my wrist.
wembly
wembly avatar

354 posts since 15/1/13

17 Jan 2020 10:40

timeless re-edition but not digging the fake patina lume
MLI
MLI avatar

4621 posts since 6/10/09

posted 17 Jan 2020 10:59, edited 17 Jan 2020 10:59
fudge.dredd wrote: ^ Good spot. Vivaldi and Hulk time for dinner. Eye-wink


This is nice but it would be nicer if it was the 38mm with just the green on the bezel. Forget what that was called, but this hot girl I worked with in Japan had one and I asked her if she was married to a foreigner coz she spoke good English and she said "of course not".
blackham
blackham avatar

1740 posts since 17/7/13

17 Jan 2020 11:04
MLI wrote: this hot girl I worked with in Japan had one and I asked her if she was married to a foreigner coz she spoke good English and she said "of course not".

did you fuck?
wembly
wembly avatar

354 posts since 15/1/13

17 Jan 2020 11:05
16610LV
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

1571 posts since 30/10/09

17 Jan 2020 14:38
blackham wrote:
MLI wrote: this hot girl I worked with in Japan had one and I asked her if she was married to a foreigner coz she spoke good English and she said "of course not".

did you fuck?

Of course he didnt, this is Milspex you are talking about, he went home and played with his army dolls.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

962 posts since 15/12/12

17 Jan 2020 17:46
You on about the Kermit? The anniversary one?
roophees
roophees avatar

1588 posts since 18/12/10

17 Jan 2020 21:22
wembly wrote:
timeless re-edition but not digging the fake patina lume

Like the look of this - how hard is it going to be to get?
wembly
wembly avatar

354 posts since 15/1/13

17 Jan 2020 21:41
"limited" to 1,860 pieces
ref: CBK221B.FC6479
$6,450 at AD TAG Heuer dealers so there should be a good chance

but looks very similar to the fragment one from last year
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9324 posts since 16/9/02

20 Jan 2020 03:50


Was inspired to dig this out after Fudge posted his.
Gave it a wind a few days ago and it's kept perfect time since even with me taking it off at night to track my sleep.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

962 posts since 15/12/12

20 Jan 2020 15:23
^ real beauty.

One of my bargain buys - £1400, you can’t go wrong!
burny
burny avatar

5793 posts since 25/5/06

24 Jan 2020 08:05
Slightly different topic.

Mates 40th coming up. His work colleagues (paramedics) have done a whip round and have £300 to spend on a gift. They want to get him a watch. He prefers a simple dress watch. Has pointed to a Skagen Chrono for £95 Shocked

Is there anything better for that price point I could recommend? I pointed to Junghans but at that price point it’ll still be Quartz which is all they’re worried about.
toocan
toocan avatar

790 posts since 7/11/07

posted 24 Jan 2020 08:10, edited 24 Jan 2020 08:10
burny wrote: Slightly different topic.

Mates 40th coming up. His work colleagues (paramedics) have done a whip round and have £300 to spend on a gift. They want to get him a watch. He prefers a simple dress watch. Has pointed to a Skagen Chrono for £95 Shocked

Is there anything better for that price point I could recommend? I pointed to Junghans but at that price point it’ll still be Quartz which is all they’re worried about.
Seiko Presage
https://www.google.com/search?q=SRPB43J1

wembly
wembly avatar

354 posts since 15/1/13

24 Jan 2020 09:52
+1 Seiko
swede
swede avatar

8244 posts since 21/3/09

posted 24 Jan 2020 10:02, edited 24 Jan 2020 10:02
older omega seamaster… can be had for around that price on reddit.com/r/watchexchange

seiko probably nicer to receive as a gift for that amount of money though Smiling warranty included etc
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14310 posts since 21/2/07

24 Jan 2020 10:03
Have they considered a second hand Porsche?
Doogan
Doogan avatar

576 posts since 13/4/14

24 Jan 2020 10:11
That Seiko looks great for the money.
roophees
roophees avatar

1588 posts since 18/12/10

24 Jan 2020 10:46
burny wrote: Slightly different topic.

Mates 40th coming up. His work colleagues (paramedics) have done a whip round and have £300 to spend on a gift. They want to get him a watch. He prefers a simple dress watch. Has pointed to a Skagen Chrono for £95 Shocked

Is there anything better for that price point I could recommend? I pointed to Junghans but at that price point it’ll still be Quartz which is all they’re worried about.

Slightly higher than £300 but only just, I'd get a SARB033 (black dial) or SARB035 (white dial) on ebay for £340-50. Looks class on a leather strap