Menswear: Which watch?


Show original post
BANKS
BANKS avatar

187 posts since 8/5/14

24 Oct 2017 20:33
fudge.dredd wrote: I want another watch.

Someone recommend me one please - up to £15k

I’m bored

When you need to ask what watch should I get for X amount then you don't need or really desire another watch. You have enough.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

969 posts since 15/12/12

posted 25 Oct 2017 00:55, edited 25 Oct 2017 00:55
^ disagree.

The whole point is to find something that I hadn’t thought of that might capture my attention. Like the El Primero - that’s a beauty and I may consider buying it now I’ve seen that particular iteration.

Notice I didn’t say I ‘needed’ or ‘desired’ another watch - just that I ‘wanted’ one.

It’s not the same thing.
BANKS
BANKS avatar

187 posts since 8/5/14

25 Oct 2017 06:42
Read back through the posts where you last asked for a recommendation when you were looking to spend your money. I recommended the Zenith El Primero.

Fair enough if that is your agenda, on first reading it just comes across slightly conceited coming on every couple of months asking what next you should buy. I apologise if that wasn't your modus operandi.
MLI
MLI avatar

4632 posts since 6/10/09

25 Oct 2017 06:52
This is why rich dudes are usually unhappy, they don't appreciate what money can buy.
Mr.X.
Mr.X. avatar

2893 posts since 23/6/13

25 Oct 2017 07:32
Yeah like LaserDiscs and a Sony Walkman from 1987.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

969 posts since 15/12/12

posted 25 Oct 2017 08:46, edited 25 Oct 2017 08:46
BANKS wrote: Read back through the posts where you last asked for a recommendation when you were looking to spend your money. I recommended the Zenith El Primero.

Fair enough if that is your agenda, on first reading it just comes across slightly conceited coming on every couple of months asking what next you should buy. I apologise if that wasn't your modus operandi.

Fair point but definitely not my mode of thinking.
This is a watch thread and most of the guys posting on this thread you would assume have an interest in watches, and probably know more than me about them. That’s all.

And to MLI, I don’t think I’d be ‘unhappy’ if I didn’t get another watch… like I said before, I just fancied another one. No need to get salty over it.
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1364 posts since 24/3/14

25 Oct 2017 09:39
Mr.X. wrote: Yeah like LaserDiscs and a Sony Walkman from 1987.

Laughing out loud
burny
burny avatar

5795 posts since 25/5/06

25 Oct 2017 18:14
fudge.dredd wrote:
BANKS wrote: Read back through the posts where you last asked for a recommendation when you were looking to spend your money. I recommended the Zenith El Primero.

Fair enough if that is your agenda, on first reading it just comes across slightly conceited coming on every couple of months asking what next you should buy. I apologise if that wasn't your modus operandi.

Fair point but definitely not my mode of thinking.
This is a watch thread and most of the guys posting on this thread you would assume have an interest in watches, and probably know more than me about them. That’s all.

And to MLI, I don’t think I’d be ‘unhappy’ if I didn’t get another watch… like I said before, I just fancied another one. No need to get salty over it.

Go for a Daytona then in my opinion. It’s a lot nicer than the yatchmaster, although I understand the reason you like it.

Or, there are a couple of guys who are making fully working smart watches that run off of mechanical movements. They need investment so you could invest.

MLI
MLI avatar

4632 posts since 6/10/09

25 Oct 2017 19:40
Mr.X. wrote: Yeah like LaserDiscs and a Sony Walkman from 1987.

Nah like an HLD-X0 or HIL-C1 laserdisc player, dream machines I've lusted over for years. When I finally get one I'll be happy and satisfied, because I'd appreciate it and use it heaps.

Your holy grails may vary from mine but not knowing what you want is the reason rich guys who buy textbook richguy stuff without any passion behind their purchase aren't satisfied or happy.

billybrown
billybrown avatar

3119 posts since 30/9/07

26 Oct 2017 11:48
wembly
wembly avatar

363 posts since 15/1/13

27 Oct 2017 04:36
MrW
MrW avatar

2597 posts since 1/8/11

27 Oct 2017 08:19
Ubercool
MLI
MLI avatar

4632 posts since 6/10/09

27 Oct 2017 08:47
Jawdropping!
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

27 Oct 2017 09:04
Problem I have with Daytonas is the people that wear them - Michael McIntyre, Paddy from Take me out an the fat geezer one from wheeler dealers
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2115 posts since 16/7/11

27 Oct 2017 09:11

gross
billybrown
billybrown avatar

3119 posts since 30/9/07

27 Oct 2017 09:54
$18Mil? Bonkers.
wembly
wembly avatar

363 posts since 15/1/13

13 Nov 2017 17:30
GTG from last weekend


saltz33
saltz33 avatar

211 posts since 1/10/12

13 Nov 2017 20:12
These look good for an everyday beater

http://www.bamfordwatchdepartment.com/?page_id=96
Trent
Trent avatar

1874 posts since 18/1/09

19 Nov 2017 06:46
Just picked up the orange hand Explorer II with polar dial. Not sure it's for everyone but looks good on the dress down.
burny
burny avatar

5795 posts since 25/5/06

posted 19 Nov 2017 10:35, edited 19 Nov 2017 10:35
saltz33 wrote: These look good for an everyday beater

http://www.bamfordwatchdepartment.com/?page_id=96

Not sure about them (plus quartz). If you want an good and affordable everyday beater try Unimatic Watches.

https://www.unimaticwatches.com

Cheaper than the Bamford as well.