Menswear: Which watch?


Show original post
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1611 posts since 15/12/12

18 Jan 2021 15:34
smith wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote:
EssexBoyII wrote:
Birdman wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Favourite dress watch at the moment.


What happened with the Trump bet? Get it sorted?

Sigh.

They will pay out on Jan 20th when he’s sworn in for another IIII years. Laughing out loud

It's nearly the day after tomorrow. Who was mediator for that Trump bet by the way and can Trump still win? Sticking out tongue

Let’s just say all bets are still off.

You can’t be done for treason until you’ve taken the oath.

Mwah.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3488 posts since 29/5/05

18 Jan 2021 16:07
fudge.dredd wrote: Not quite as fast as how I had to pull out from your mother last night. Cool

smith
smith avatar

11152 posts since 5/5/04

18 Jan 2021 16:12
fudge.dredd wrote: Not quite as fast as how I had to pull out from your mother last night. Cool

Good one!

fudge.dredd wrote: That response sounds like something a 4 year old would come back with. Cool
smith
smith avatar

11152 posts since 5/5/04

18 Jan 2021 16:27
fudge.dredd wrote:
smith wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote:
EssexBoyII wrote:
Birdman wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Favourite dress watch at the moment.


What happened with the Trump bet? Get it sorted?

Sigh.

They will pay out on Jan 20th when he’s sworn in for another IIII years. Laughing out loud

It's nearly the day after tomorrow. Who was mediator for that Trump bet by the way and can Trump still win? Sticking out tongue

Let’s just say all bets are still off.

You can’t be done for treason until you’ve taken the oath.

Mwah.

Got a dozen rollies but can't afford to pay out on a £100 bet when you said you'd put your money where your mouth is. Bit sad isn't it mate?
Birdman
Birdman avatar

1537 posts since 10/3/10

posted 18 Jan 2021 18:38, edited 18 Jan 2021 18:38
I take Fudge at his word - if Biden is sworn in, I’m confident he’ll pay up. He’s told me as much via PM and I’ve no reason to doubt him.
toocan
toocan avatar

859 posts since 7/11/07

19 Jan 2021 10:48
Bargain this about a 25% saving - https://www.watchesworld.com/shop/omega-seamaster-diver-300m-42mm-50/ fantastic mechanism
billybrown
billybrown avatar

3188 posts since 30/9/07

posted 19 Jan 2021 11:48, edited 19 Jan 2021 11:48
fudge.dredd wrote: Let’s just say all bets are still off.

You can’t be done for treason until you’ve taken the oath.

Mwah.

Will the bookies payout on a Trump win if he is inaugurated and fraud is proven?


Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

1909 posts since 30/10/09

19 Jan 2021 12:35
No, bookies will use any excuse possible to not pay out. Also there has been no proof of fraud for the last couple of months, just random unproven melt downs from a spoilt pig man that can't accept defeat.
billybrown
billybrown avatar

3188 posts since 30/9/07

19 Jan 2021 12:38
Could be a black swan moment, we'll find out soon enough.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1611 posts since 15/12/12

19 Jan 2021 19:20
billybrown wrote: Could be a black swan moment, we'll find out soon enough.

Military to possibly take over tomorrow? It’s looking likely.

Anyway, Daytona Tuesday today Cool

LFC
LFC avatar

5251 posts since 14/6/11

19 Jan 2021 19:23
One of my best friends is a roofer. He’s been doing work for a fella who runs a watch dealership. He’s said he can get him a Rolex in a couple of months rather than years just let him know what he’s after.

I know fuck all about watches so if you were in this position what would you ask for? He would rather make money on it in future than keep it if that helps.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1611 posts since 15/12/12

posted 19 Jan 2021 19:23, edited 19 Jan 2021 19:23
Kadafi39 wrote: No, bookies will use any excuse possible to not pay out. Also there has been no proof of fraud for the last couple of months, just random unproven melt downs from a spoilt pig man that can't accept defeat.

No, they just need hundreds of troops to safeguard the inauguration of the most popular candidate in history.

If you believe that, you’ll believe anything!
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1611 posts since 15/12/12

19 Jan 2021 19:27
LFC wrote: One of my best friends is a roofer. He’s been doing work for a fella who runs a watch dealership. He’s said he can get him a Rolex in a couple of months rather than years just let him know what he’s after.

I know fuck all about watches so if you were in this position what would you ask for? He would rather make money on it in future than keep it if that helps.

The new white face Daytona. You’ll virtually double your money overnight. That or the new Pepsi GMT. Well any steel sports model really. I’m sure plenty on here can direct you. Cool
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

819 posts since 28/2/12

19 Jan 2021 19:30
also depends how much cash he has to splash i suppose
Doogan
Doogan avatar

933 posts since 13/4/14

19 Jan 2021 19:36
A sub or Pepsi GMT would be good as well.
hooligan
hooligan avatar

699 posts since 26/1/07

19 Jan 2021 20:08
As said, any of the steel sports watches, Daytona and Subs probably have the biggest % mark up vs rrp on resale. Either of the Daytona’s if he can get one for pure mark up, the green bezel/new hulk probably has the biggest resale value of the subs
hooligan
hooligan avatar

699 posts since 26/1/07

19 Jan 2021 20:10
… saying that, if he isn’t bothered about mark up and wants one for pure aesthetics then no date black sub is the purists choice, but then I would say that
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7048 posts since 5/6/07

19 Jan 2021 20:12
Hulk if it was for that I reckon
burny
burny avatar

5994 posts since 25/5/06

19 Jan 2021 20:21
fudge.dredd wrote: Military to possibly take over tomorrow? It’s looking likely.

What’s your reference for this? Not seen anything on mainstream media.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1611 posts since 15/12/12

19 Jan 2021 20:28
burny wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Military to possibly take over tomorrow? It’s looking likely.

What’s your reference for this? Not seen anything on mainstream media.

‘Mainstream media’ - you’ve answered your own question I’m afraid.

I don’t know anything for sure, it just seems like something is going down. Largest military presence ever - only Trump could have ordered them in. It could be the largest military operation in American history.

Or then again, maybe it’s just an anticlimax and Hidin’ Biden becomes the next president.