Menswear: Which watch?


Show original post
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1625 posts since 30/3/11

16 Sep 2021 16:24
TROYBOY wrote: that shouldnt be out the safe.

I don't believe in keeping watches in safes or buy them for investment, watches are meant to be worn and enjoyed.. some might disagree but then again I don't wear hype or bling stuff to attract attention
smith
smith avatar

11414 posts since 5/5/04

16 Sep 2021 16:32
Rich people wear expensive watches. They don't need to worry about what they have on going up in value. The great thing about watches is that there is a market for everyone.

Nice PP Cool
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1625 posts since 30/3/11

16 Sep 2021 16:40
Best wrote: What a pic Cool

Thank you Cool
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1625 posts since 30/3/11

16 Sep 2021 16:40
smith wrote: Rich people wear expensive watches. They don't need to worry about what they have on going up in value. The great thing about watches is that there is a market for everyone.

Nice PP Cool

Thank you Cool
swede
swede avatar

9886 posts since 21/3/09

16 Sep 2021 17:07
very nice again cent Ubercool
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1625 posts since 30/3/11

16 Sep 2021 17:18
swede wrote: very nice again cent Ubercool

Thanks buddy! Sticking out tongue
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3917 posts since 14/8/04

16 Sep 2021 18:53
Centurionone wrote: I wear even non-diver watches in the sea.. Laughing out loud

Sickery dickery dock Cool Swimming with that watch in the ocean reminds me of this sort of vibe - https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/spotted-a-patek-philippe-5960-annual-calendar-chronograph-in
quest
quest avatar

3706 posts since 11/7/11

16 Sep 2021 20:10
big time Cool
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

921 posts since 28/2/12

16 Sep 2021 22:37
Centurionone wrote:
TROYBOY wrote: that shouldnt be out the safe.

I don't believe in keeping watches in safes or buy them for investment, watches are meant to be worn and enjoyed.. some might disagree but then again I don't wear hype or bling stuff to attract attention

I would be worried i'd knock it on a door or something. would stress me out
MattC
MattC avatar

837 posts since 20/3/12

17 Sep 2021 05:19
Oh my word CentUbercool Ubercool Ubercool
a
a avatar

353 posts since 14/12/05

17 Sep 2021 08:11
Centurionone wrote: The PP salon gave me a call this morning and here's the result .. it feels more substantial than its little sibling


Put it on the orange strap!

ismvil
ismvil avatar

1880 posts since 16/9/11

17 Sep 2021 08:34
Cool
smith
smith avatar

11414 posts since 5/5/04

17 Sep 2021 09:02
deuce wrote:
R wrote: I know the history and the hype around them over past few years (and almost bought a black bay dark a while back), but can't help but think fake sub every time I see them.
Kinda agree. Whenever I see a sub I always think “fake/poor mans fifty fathoms”

Given how much harder it is to get a PP from an AD than a Rolex, I'll be thinking the same after the last two pages on here.

PP nautilus real man's divers watch. Rolex sub for dirty pool in Marrakech Sticking out tongue
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2011 posts since 30/10/09

posted 17 Sep 2021 10:08, edited 17 Sep 2021 10:08
Centurionone wrote:
TROYBOY wrote: that shouldnt be out the safe.

I don't believe in keeping watches in safes or buy them for investment, watches are meant to be worn and enjoyed.. some might disagree but then again I don't wear hype or bling stuff to attract attention

I don't have anything near as valuable as the 5740/1G but that is an admirable view to take!

Congrats on the 5968, stunning addition.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

17 Sep 2021 13:31
smith wrote:
deuce wrote:
R wrote: I know the history and the hype around them over past few years (and almost bought a black bay dark a while back), but can't help but think fake sub every time I see them.
Kinda agree. Whenever I see a sub I always think “fake/poor mans fifty fathoms”

Given how much harder it is to get a PP from an AD than a Rolex, I'll be thinking the same after the last two pages on here.

PP nautilus real man's divers watch. Rolex sub for dirty pool in Marrakech Sticking out tongue

All mouth and no trousers smithy son.

You had your booster shot yet?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

17 Sep 2021 13:31
Faggot.
smith
smith avatar

11414 posts since 5/5/04

17 Sep 2021 14:15
The 90s called and want their insults back.
burny
burny avatar

6028 posts since 25/5/06

posted 17 Sep 2021 18:04, edited 17 Sep 2021 18:04
Cent absolutely destroying poor Fudge here. No showboating or elitism. Just great watches.

Cents like the secret millionaire and Fudge is the ‘loadsamoney’ Harry Enfield guy*.
burny
burny avatar

6028 posts since 25/5/06

17 Sep 2021 18:05
*with Turkish fakes, obvs.
swede
swede avatar

9886 posts since 21/3/09

17 Sep 2021 20:31
Laughing out loud