Menswear: Which watch?


Show original post
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

8200 posts since 21/4/05

25 Mar 2022 09:19
so obvious these would be hyped to infinity. I still can't see them making thousands and thousands of them.
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

1133 posts since 28/2/12

25 Mar 2022 10:01
wont have any effect what so ever on the "real" speed masters.
beardywierdy
beardywierdy avatar

760 posts since 8/1/13

25 Mar 2022 10:16
I am not into watches but been offered an Omega Planet ocean at a good price. Are they worth buying to flip later, or are they not a good investment?
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2178 posts since 30/10/09

25 Mar 2022 10:49
rotring wrote: So do you think these will devalue actual Moonwatches or give them renewed interest?

I was planning on getting one for my birthday, but now I'm thinking about how it will hold value and feeling the need to justify to people why I spent 4k on something that looks like £200.

I have the new speedmaster pro and this doesn't bother me in the slightest, I want as many of the moonswatches as I can get.

They're not comparable imo, one is a cheap, playful cast watch with a cheap quartz movement and the other is a had finished timepiece with a metas certified movement. Yeah the look similar but the similarities really do end there.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

4197 posts since 13/1/12

25 Mar 2022 11:55
yeah but come on - you must be a bit pissed? An iconic watch, that was non hype and non desired by the layman has now become a gimmick?
deuce
deuce avatar

14164 posts since 21/1/08

25 Mar 2022 12:15
rotring wrote: but now I'm thinking about how it will hold value and feeling the need to justify to people why I spent 4k on something that looks like £200.
Why would you have to justify anything at all to people on how you spend your money? Laughing out loud
Why do you care what they think about your watch?

Caring about the value retention of a watch is so stupid to me. Why are you already thinking about selling it before you’ve even bought it?
Just buy a watch you like and enjoy it
MoB
MoB avatar

37384 posts since 31/8/04

25 Mar 2022 12:15
RickRude wrote: yeah but come on - you must be a bit pissed? An iconic watch, that was non hype and non desired by the layman has now become a gimmick?

As i said before i have a speedy and i still love it and i want two of these. I couldn't be the least bit pissed, i didn't buy any of my watches due to their value in regards to selling or if someone thinks i'm wearing a swatch so why would i be bothered? If you're buying any watch just for other peoples opinions then i feel sorry for you.
deuce
deuce avatar

14164 posts since 21/1/08

posted 25 Mar 2022 12:20, edited 25 Mar 2022 12:20
MoB wrote:
RickRude wrote: yeah but come on - you must be a bit pissed? An iconic watch, that was non hype and non desired by the layman has now become a gimmick?

As i said before i have a speedy and i still love it and i want two of these. I couldn't be the least bit pissed, i didn't buy any of my watches due to their value in regards to selling or if someone thinks i'm wearing a swatch so why would i be bothered? If you're buying any watch just for other peoples opinions then i feel sorry for you.
+1

Only people who would be annoyed at this collab are the people who buy ‘luxury’ watches to gain entrance into an imaginary exclusive club to flex on poors.
You’re upset people won’t realise how rich you are because they’ll think your £6k watch is £200 lol

I too have the speedy pro, and love this collab (not buying tho).
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

1133 posts since 28/2/12

25 Mar 2022 12:35
pics of a three man queue outside the oxford st store are about now
gaffer
gaffer avatar

609 posts since 13/4/05

25 Mar 2022 12:44
RickRude wrote: yeah but come on - you must be a bit pissed? An iconic watch, that was non hype and non desired by the layman has now become a gimmick?

Please explain how the Swatches make the Speedmaster a gimmick
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1257 posts since 13/4/14

25 Mar 2022 12:45
TROYBOY wrote: pics of a three man queue outside the oxford st store are about now

What happens when you need a shite? Does someone steal your spot?
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1257 posts since 13/4/14

25 Mar 2022 12:49
Edinburgh store:

Many thanks for getting in touch,

 

If you are contacting us regarding our Bio-Ceramic MoonSwatch Collection then I am afraid we can not answer your emails due to high volume.

 

However, we launch on Saturday 26th of March 2022.

 

The store will be opening earlier than usual that day at 9am and we do recommend customers interested in purchasing to make their way to the store early, as we are expecting large queues.

 

Please be aware that purchases of our special products are strictly limited to 2x per customer, and we can not reserve stock under any situation, these are purely first come first serve, in person.

 

Many thanks for your understanding and we hope to see you on Saturday the 26th.

TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

1133 posts since 28/2/12

25 Mar 2022 13:02
Doogan wrote:
TROYBOY wrote: pics of a three man queue outside the oxford st store are about now

What happens when you need a shite? Does someone steal your spot?

scalper etiquette.
smith
smith avatar

11783 posts since 5/5/04

posted 25 Mar 2022 13:11, edited 25 Mar 2022 13:11
Doogan wrote:
TROYBOY wrote: pics of a three man queue outside the oxford st store are about now

What happens when you need a shite? Does someone steal your spot?

Apparently they will get tickets with their order in the queue so they don't have to camp and can come back when it opens. No idea when they will start giving them out mind.

If true I imagine some will hit all three queues to get 3 tickets and pick up a total allocation of 6 Sticking out tongue
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1257 posts since 13/4/14

25 Mar 2022 13:23
smith wrote:
Doogan wrote:
TROYBOY wrote: pics of a three man queue outside the oxford st store are about now

What happens when you need a shite? Does someone steal your spot?

Apparently they will get tickets with their order in the queue so they don't have to camp and can come back when it opens. No idea when they will start giving them out mind.

If true I imagine some will hit all three queues to get 3 tickets and pick up a total allocation of 6 Sticking out tongue

That's not really a queue then. Doesn't make sense.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2178 posts since 30/10/09

25 Mar 2022 13:24
RickRude wrote: yeah but come on - you must be a bit pissed? An iconic watch, that was non hype and non desired by the layman has now become a gimmick?

Not at all, like genuinely. Would admit to some random people on the net if it bothered me, but as I said previously they are incomparable.

One is made by swatch and the other made by omega. I love my speedmaster pro, sapphire sandwich, display case back and a metas certified chrono, its not the same as the swatch and I expect them to feel totally different on wrist too.
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1754 posts since 30/3/11

25 Mar 2022 13:27
It is at a very accessible price point which will allow more people to experience a Speedie at 1/20 - 1/30 the price.
All that will do is lead to more Speedie sales where there were no leads prior. Basically free marketing from Swatch for Omega. WIN WIN
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1754 posts since 30/3/11

25 Mar 2022 13:29
deuce wrote:
rotring wrote: but now I'm thinking about how it will hold value and feeling the need to justify to people why I spent 4k on something that looks like £200.
Why would you have to justify anything at all to people on how you spend your money? Laughing out loud
Why do you care what they think about your watch?

Caring about the value retention of a watch is so stupid to me. Why are you already thinking about selling it before you’ve even bought it?
Just buy a watch you like and enjoy it

+ 1
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7695 posts since 4/11/08

25 Mar 2022 14:02
from tz-uk

Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1754 posts since 30/3/11

25 Mar 2022 14:24
They all look like shiny new toys , the youngsters will love them