Menswear: Winter Jackets / Coats!


Show original post
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5633 posts since 5/9/11

1 Sep 2018 21:03
Bored (at least in Manchester) of this sweaty averge limbo weather and wish the cold would kick in. Too early to talk about winter coats?

Anything tickling anyone's bits?
TIMDOT
TIMDOT avatar

876 posts since 6/8/14

1 Sep 2018 21:56
Not a coat but Mackinstosh Loro Piana storm system jacket in various colours:
https://mackintosh.com/gb/shopping/black-cotton-storm-system-jacket-12896737?StoreId=10658
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

3 Sep 2018 10:00
£330 SI Ghost Tank In White Full Size Run

https://www.flannels.com/stone-island-ghost-shield-jacket-605370?colcode=60537001
swede
swede avatar

9620 posts since 21/3/09

3 Sep 2018 10:21

one for the east17 (Mr.X) crew for sure

smokie
smokie avatar

230 posts since 5/10/11

3 Sep 2018 12:20
carl lewis wrote: £330 SI Ghost Tank In White Full Size Run

https://www.flannels.com/stone-island-ghost-shield-jacket-605370?colcode=60537001

Ratings for this website are very bad:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/flannels.com
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3556 posts since 21/2/10

3 Sep 2018 13:01
smokie wrote:
carl lewis wrote: £330 SI Ghost Tank In White Full Size Run

https://www.flannels.com/stone-island-ghost-shield-jacket-605370?colcode=60537001

Ratings for this website are very bad:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/flannels.com

Not saying they're not shitshow (never shopped with them so can't dispute that), but those reviews look very suspect. All reviews suddenly started in August. And when you look at the reviewers they all started reviewing in August and leave 1-star reviews for everyone they have shopped with. Very suspicious - like some kind of bot/fake review cohort. Especially as all reviews seem to follow same type of feedback about the owner being profit-centric or whatever.
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5633 posts since 5/9/11

3 Sep 2018 13:53
Could be something to do with the HoF purchase. Or someone really hates the Newcastle ownership.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20533 posts since 26/1/06

3 Sep 2018 15:56
Pretty much every "person" reviewing Flannels has also reviewed Sports Direct.
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

3 Sep 2018 16:36
smokie wrote:
carl lewis wrote: £330 SI Ghost Tank In White Full Size Run

https://www.flannels.com/stone-island-ghost-shield-jacket-605370?colcode=60537001

Ratings for this website are very bad:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/flannels.com

It’s all Kosher
brodie
brodie avatar

6742 posts since 15/10/05

3 Sep 2018 18:15
Anyone seen the arket pea coat irl?
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1567 posts since 30/3/11

4 Sep 2018 12:10
Hi all, opinions on Valdez Wool Pile coat please?

Is it substantial , flimsy or in between?

Thanks in advance.
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

7 Sep 2018 19:05
Anyone seen anything decent this season?
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5633 posts since 5/9/11

7 Sep 2018 19:48
Wearable
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

7 Sep 2018 19:58
Cool
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5633 posts since 5/9/11

7 Sep 2018 20:19
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6645 posts since 17/6/06

8 Sep 2018 12:20
Centurionone wrote: Hi all, opinions on Valdez Wool Pile coat please?

Is it substantial , flimsy or in between?

Thanks in advance.

personally I much preferred to the gore tex and down version, the fit is very different but beyond that the warmth is more suited to uk climate where we dont really get extreme cold, this was more than adequate still for the coldest days this year, to note its not waterproof (nor is it billed as being) so in the rain the fabric wets out pretty quick
Fuzzyduck121
Fuzzyduck121 avatar

1623 posts since 14/12/12

27 Sep 2018 14:08
after a down hoodie style jacket
had the uniqlo and quality for me isn't amazing
any suggestions, I have a shortlist currently that consists of Patagonia and that's about it
I suspect unless going to the arctic that one down puffer is as good as the next for temperatures above zero so looking for the best fit and no shitty shiny finishes
thanks
Fuzzyduck121
Fuzzyduck121 avatar

1623 posts since 14/12/12

27 Sep 2018 14:12
YLAup wrote: Bored (at least in Manchester) of this sweaty averge limbo weather and wish the cold would kick in. Too early to talk about winter coats?

Anything tickling anyone's bits?

you seen the holubar limited parka at peggs and son?
looks like decent kit for the winter
illwill
illwill avatar

4123 posts since 17/5/04

27 Sep 2018 14:15
https://www.klattermusen.com/en/men/jackets/10550u—liv-2.0-sweater-unisex—black/

You'll be forever taking it off though. A full zip is much more sensible in our climate.
swede
swede avatar

9620 posts since 21/3/09

posted 27 Sep 2018 14:24, edited 27 Sep 2018 14:24
illwill wrote: https://www.klattermusen.com/en/men/jackets/10550u—liv-2.0-sweater-unisex—black/

You'll be forever taking it off though. A full zip is much more sensible in our climate.


you can't be serious Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud