General Discussion: World Cup 2018

Show original post
bertoni
bertoni avatar

875 posts since 29/9/11

posted 16 Jul 2018 10:37, edited 16 Jul 2018 10:37
OnlyOneStop wrote:
bertoni wrote: I think Stones and Pickford aren't far off. Walker when played in position maybe. Sterling gets all the criticism but Kane was by far the worst English player for me though bar the opening couple of matches. No pace….just seems to jog around for 90 minutes.

Are you off your face? Stones, Pickford and Walker are all world class but Kane isn't? Have you not seen his record for club or country? Bar the last couple of games he was banging them in…and don't give me any shit that they were just pens. Remember back to a time when England had a phobia of them. Fucker has just won the golden boot … if it was Griezman you'd be creaming yourself

Smiling Fucking hell mate, calm down a bit eh? Kane was well off the pace this World Cup Golden Boot or not. He looked sluggish. He’s obviously good at what he does as his record speaks for itself….i’d just rather watch the Killian Mbappes of this world (i’m not French by the way). I don’t think he’s captain material either….too anonymous most of the time. Would rather see Stones or Henderson myself.
Burt
Burt avatar

4896 posts since 3/1/10

16 Jul 2018 10:40
Didn't see any of the heralded Belgian's scoring a hat-trick against Panama.

Golden boot ain't too shabby given that he was obviously hampered by an injury in the last two games.
smith
smith avatar

10628 posts since 5/5/04

16 Jul 2018 10:44
Belgium weren't awarded two pens versus Panama to be fair.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3167 posts since 13/1/12

16 Jul 2018 11:04
smith wrote: Belgium weren't awarded two pens versus Panama to be fair.

Nor did they score a complete fluke deflection goal
bertoni
bertoni avatar

875 posts since 29/9/11

16 Jul 2018 11:27
Burt wrote: Didn't see any of the heralded Belgian's scoring a hat-trick against Panama.

Golden boot ain't too shabby given that he was obviously hampered by an injury in the last two games.

What sort of selfish captain goes out on to the field injured? If he was carrying a knock he should have said so….or was he eyeing the golden boot a bit too much?
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23219 posts since 14/10/04

16 Jul 2018 11:45
smith wrote:
carl lewis wrote: You guys Laughing out loud semis a good overachievement

Incorrect. We lost to Belgium TWICE and looked second best in both games. Croatia bossed us off the park second half and we looked dead again like v Colombia when we conceded.

France had to beat Uruguay, Argentina, Belgium and Croatia to win the whole thing.

All teams England couldn't and wouldn't beat. If anything Croatia did us a favour as we were a game away from getting truly embarrassed.

Semi-final doesn't paper over the cracks for me.

smith
smith avatar

10628 posts since 5/5/04

16 Jul 2018 11:47
RickRude wrote:
smith wrote: Belgium weren't awarded two pens versus Panama to be fair.

Nor did they score a complete fluke deflection goal

The thunder cunt can always claim Eriksen's thunder strike against Australia I guess.
smith
smith avatar

10628 posts since 5/5/04

posted 16 Jul 2018 11:48, edited 16 Jul 2018 11:48
carl lewis wrote:
smith wrote:
carl lewis wrote: You guys Laughing out loud semis a good overachievement

Incorrect. We lost to Belgium TWICE and looked second best in both games. Croatia bossed us off the park second half and we looked dead again like v Colombia when we conceded.

France had to beat Uruguay, Argentina, Belgium and Croatia to win the whole thing.

All teams England couldn't and wouldn't beat. If anything Croatia did us a favour as we were a game away from getting truly embarrassed.

Semi-final doesn't paper over the cracks for me.

Embarassing. Hang your heads in shame England. And all the cunts that jumped on the bandwagon after we thumped Panama.
smith
smith avatar

10628 posts since 5/5/04

16 Jul 2018 11:50
I'd just like to add it was my favourite World Cup in my lifetime. England didn't ruin it for me despite raising the nations expectations with pub football against pub teams. Smiling
bertoni
bertoni avatar

875 posts since 29/9/11

16 Jul 2018 19:36
Laughing out loud ^ 'bout sums it up for me too.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14183 posts since 21/2/07

16 Jul 2018 20:23
what the fuck is wrong with you lot
smith
smith avatar

10628 posts since 5/5/04

posted 16 Jul 2018 20:57, edited 16 Jul 2018 20:57
DuffMan wrote: what the fuck is wrong with you lot

Coming up for 30 years of hurt in my memory bank lifetime and Iceland game still fresh, especially the players that underperformed and still got into the England team for this World Cup. I'm half-Belgian and could just be happy for their massive achievement in such a short space of time but to be quite honest it just grates that our[England] players are paid so much at club level, we watch them week-in week-out in one of the best leagues in Europe , yet we still can't assemble a decent team with a couple of world class players that would make a difference against the big guns.

I can be positive too mind. Thought Pickford is the best keeper we had in years. Trippier had a great world cup. Walker was decent. Rest of them just meh.

All the stars in the prem are foreigners and it needs to change as all I want is to see England win the World Cup just once in my lifetime.

figurine
figurine avatar

5370 posts since 14/5/07

17 Jul 2018 08:01
DuffMan wrote: what the fuck is wrong with you lot
Laughing out loud
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

19992 posts since 26/1/06

17 Jul 2018 09:13
smith wrote: All the stars in the prem are foreigners and it needs to change as all I want is to see England win the World Cup just once in my lifetime.

Russia introduced a quota system in 2015 to limit the number of foreign players on the pitch to 6 per team. Since then their FIFA ranking has plummeted. Some of the "top" Russian players became lazy (and greedy) because they were almost guaranteed a place in the team (and could almost hold teams to ransom over contracts) plus there was also a tendency amongst managers to go with experienced (i.e. older) Russian players which stifled youth opportunities. Added to that they didn't invest in the youth setup so there are less (quality) young Russian players coming through to replace the older ones.

Compare that to Germany (perhaps not the greatest example after this World Cup) who invested heavily in the youth setup after they crashed out of the Euros in 2000. All German clubs in the top two leagues have to have youth academies which led to a conveyor belt of young talent.

http://futbolgrad.com/discussion-the-pros-and-cons-of-the-65-rule-in-the-russian-premier-league/
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23219 posts since 14/10/04

17 Jul 2018 11:07
England will win a World Cup when players start to
Play aboard
smith
smith avatar

10628 posts since 5/5/04

posted 17 Jul 2018 17:30, edited 17 Jul 2018 17:30
^^^Agreed

Just had a look at all the French players that played in the final and nearly all of them play for top clubs of Europe who are always in the knockout stages of the Champions League or Europa league. Lots of trophies between them if you include league and domestic Cup too. Winners.

PREM
Lloris
Pogba
Kante
Giroud

LA LIGA
Umtiti
Hernandez*
Varane**
Griezmann*
Nzonzi

Bundesliga:
Pavard
Tolisso

FRENCH League 1:
Mbappe
Fekir

Serie A:
Matuidi

*Won Europa league last season
**Won Champions league last season

TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

336 posts since 28/2/12

18 Jul 2018 14:14
Didnt someones friend claim to have done this???

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/world_cup/275984/adil-rami-caused-frances-world-cup-hotel-to-be-evacuated-after-setting-fire-extinguisher-off-on-rowdy-teammates.html