General Discussion: World Cup 2010 Thread


Show original post
OnlyOneStop
OnlyOneStop avatar

2948 posts since 3/8/08

27 Jun 2010 18:55
[quote=escoNeeded players like Walcott to bring off the bench imo.

haha knew fucking walcott would get dragged into this…best thing that cunt fabio did was axe that brainless twat
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

27 Jun 2010 19:07
Rooney >>> Messi

4 champions league semi finals
2 champions league finals
9 world cup finals matches

Total Goals = 0
MoB
MoB avatar

37251 posts since 31/8/04

27 Jun 2010 19:09
AAA wrote: Rooney >>> Messi

4 champions league semi finals
2 champions league finals
9 world cup finals matches

Total Goals = 0

Do you honestly think Rooney is a better footballer than messi?
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

27 Jun 2010 19:14
MoB wrote:
AAA wrote: Rooney >>> Messi

4 champions league semi finals
2 champions league finals
9 world cup finals matches

Total Goals = 0

Do you honestly think Rooney is a better footballer than messi?

cutandpaste
cutandpaste avatar

608 posts since 11/6/10

27 Jun 2010 19:20
Noble Locks wrote: i like woy, but he has had a lucky season.
he is going to fuck his reputation and force himself out of football in shame when he gets to liverpool.
hes far to nice. oh and he tipped england to win it, and strongly tipped them to win it. proves hes a fucking wetard.

I think whatever manager appointed at Liverpool is going to struggle given the circumstances. This is a time of transition (for the worse) for them.

I guess we need to start looking to the future, and only retain the very best of this generation for the next qualification process. Meaning cutting adrift the likes of Green, Upson, Carragher, King, Barry, Heskey etc. and blooding the likes of Cahill, R. Johnson, A. Johnson and maybe Rodwell over the next quals.

I'm struggling to think of a great deal of up and coming young players.
Jimmy326
Jimmy326 avatar

4593 posts since 22/9/07

27 Jun 2010 19:27
cutandpaste wrote:
Noble Locks wrote: i like woy, but he has had a lucky season.
he is going to fuck his reputation and force himself out of football in shame when he gets to liverpool.
hes far to nice. oh and he tipped england to win it, and strongly tipped them to win it. proves hes a fucking wetard.

I think whatever manager appointed at Liverpool is going to struggle given the circumstances. This is a time of transition (for the worse) for them.

I guess we need to start looking to the future, and only retain the very best of this generation for the next qualification process. Meaning cutting adrift the likes of Green, Upson, Carragher, King, Barry, Heskey etc. and blooding the likes of Cahill, R. Johnson, A. Johnson and maybe Rodwell over the next quals.

I'm struggling to think of a great deal of up and coming young players.


cutandpaste
cutandpaste avatar

608 posts since 11/6/10

27 Jun 2010 19:31
You on about the Liverpool or England statements? Or the entirety of my post?
jsnldn
jsnldn avatar

283 posts since 20/3/08

27 Jun 2010 19:34
billhicks wrote: I like to put the blame on the culture of the modern day premiership footballer, our league and money.

Not sure that's the reason why we're shit, I just like to put the blame there.

no it's our country and it's stupid expectations based on arrogance and jingoism.
G Dog
G Dog avatar

601 posts since 2/8/05

27 Jun 2010 19:35
I can shave my beard now!! Silver linings
cutandpaste
cutandpaste avatar

608 posts since 11/6/10

27 Jun 2010 19:42
jsnldn wrote:
billhicks wrote: I like to put the blame on the culture of the modern day premiership footballer, our league and money.

Not sure that's the reason why we're shit, I just like to put the blame there.

no it's our country and it's stupid expectations based on arrogance and jingoism.

Well, before the world cup the lowest odds (on Betfair) on the stage which England would be knocked out was the quarters. Which suggests that these expectations don't really exist (albeit we didn't reach reach that far), and just newspaper folly.

While I don't think many really believed that the England would win it, I do think people overestimate the quality of a lot of our players.
Larry
Larry avatar

1980 posts since 9/9/03

27 Jun 2010 19:45
Reckon it will all come out in the wash, but there is some shit going on in the background. John Terry and Beckham, whats all that about?
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

27 Jun 2010 19:45
G Dog wrote: I can shave my beard now!! Silver linings
whats the bets fatty and his producers etc are all clean shaven next time his shit shows on.
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

27 Jun 2010 19:46
I really wanted Capello to do well but you can now see there was a cultural difference at national level which you don't get in the domestic leagues. He never got the best out the players and that's his job. He fucked up with the one dimensional tactics.
stoney
stoney avatar

17785 posts since 22/1/05

27 Jun 2010 19:49


jsnldn
jsnldn avatar

283 posts since 20/3/08

27 Jun 2010 19:50
cutandpaste wrote:
jsnldn wrote:
billhicks wrote: I like to put the blame on the culture of the modern day premiership footballer, our league and money.

Not sure that's the reason why we're shit, I just like to put the blame there.

no it's our country and it's stupid expectations based on arrogance and jingoism.

Well, before the world cup the lowest odds (on Betfair) on the stage which England would be knocked out was the quarters. Which suggests that these expectations don't really exist (albeit we didn't reach reach that far), and just newspaper folly.

While I don't think many really believed that the England would win it, I do think people overestimate the quality of a lot of our players.

our support is shit. every time we didn't win everyone would go on about underperformance and how the players don't want it enough and the morons would boo. i don't see us ever winning anything like that.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

27 Jun 2010 19:51
Larry wrote: Reckon it will all come out in the wash, but there is some shit going on in the background. John Terry and Beckham, whats all that about?
wagwan? what you chatting bout and ting a ling mate?
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

27 Jun 2010 19:52
this game is sick already
stoney
stoney avatar

17785 posts since 22/1/05

27 Jun 2010 19:56
im not as fucked off as i would have used to have been as we have been shit and in no way deserved to win (not even to get through the group really) dismal stuff all round. That disalowed goal was a disgrace, lucky for the ref that we got battered, otherwise he would have got so much shit.
stelfox
stelfox avatar

8488 posts since 11/3/09

27 Jun 2010 20:04
so fucking offside!
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

27 Jun 2010 20:05
brillaint. this world cup is fucked after today. is he gonna disallow it?
this refs head is going to be all over the place now, hes even watched the fuck up.