General Discussion: World Cup 2014


Show original post
Copper
Copper avatar

3082 posts since 29/11/11

7 Feb 2013 00:25
Didn't say they were world beaters. Just played very well against one of the best teams in the world.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4840 posts since 17/10/07

7 Feb 2013 00:36
Lol at people slating Neymar. Doing that after watching him in one game is laughable, watch him week in week out and you will see that he is one of the most naturally gifted players ever. His goal stats are better than Messi's when Messi was the same age.
smith
smith avatar

11783 posts since 5/5/04

7 Feb 2013 00:51
We beat a brazil team that has been shit for the last 5 years and is 12 places behind us in the FIFA rankings.

Having said that, we played well tonight and defended well against a team that time and time again was in our final third. Tekkers save from Hart and goal from Lamps. Deserved it Ubercool
sabah
sabah avatar

75 posts since 4/9/12

7 Feb 2013 06:01
Neymar most overrated player since Freddy Adu.
trailofdavid
trailofdavid avatar

6334 posts since 14/8/09

7 Feb 2013 07:23
Goldie wrote: Lol at people slating Neymar. Doing that after watching him in one game is laughable, watch him week in week out and you will see that he is one of the most naturally gifted players ever. His goal stats are better than Messi's when Messi was the same age.

True, the backlash against him was OTT, but he definitely showed that he certainly isnt the 3rd best in the world as is often suggested
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4840 posts since 17/10/07

7 Feb 2013 08:03
Hmm 90 minutes of football never changed my opinion of a footballer, if it does for you then fair enough, i still think Neymar is an extremely special talent and has potential to equal Messi.
CovOne
CovOne avatar

8652 posts since 17/8/04

7 Feb 2013 08:31
Ultimately he is 21 now getting to the stage that there will be a next prodigal son or next best thing on the horizon (already reading about Neilton, the new Neymar). You could argue that Wayne Rooney had made more of an impact in world football by 21. Very good player definitely but there are 10? Strikers ahead of him in world football at the moment all imo. Next club move will be vital.
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

7 Feb 2013 08:35
Wilshire was class.
themistake
themistake avatar

10870 posts since 20/2/06

7 Feb 2013 08:40
I liked it when neymar proved he was as good as messi in the Olympics Cool
Oh wait…
sabah
sabah avatar

75 posts since 4/9/12

7 Feb 2013 09:21
And Messi wasn't playing 60 games a season in a 2nd rate league at his age.
cha
cha avatar

437 posts since 26/4/12

7 Feb 2013 09:57
Wilshere is the english Iniesta/David Silva except he's worse at striking/long balls and is better at defending.
themistake
themistake avatar

10870 posts since 20/2/06

7 Feb 2013 10:06
David silva?
Fuck off
cha
cha avatar

437 posts since 26/4/12

7 Feb 2013 10:12
..explain.
colours
colours avatar

639 posts since 15/6/09

7 Feb 2013 10:17
wilshere is more about driving forward with power than delicate through balls. although he does have that in his locker.

different types of playmaker
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4840 posts since 17/10/07

7 Feb 2013 10:35
sabah wrote: And Messi wasn't playing 60 games a season in a 2nd rate league at his age.
So because he plays in a poorer quality league he is a poorer player?

Neymar will be at Barca next year.
sabah
sabah avatar

75 posts since 4/9/12

7 Feb 2013 10:55
Better goal stats than Messi at his age makes him better/equal?
themistake
themistake avatar

10870 posts since 20/2/06

7 Feb 2013 10:56
neymar will not be at barca next year.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4840 posts since 17/10/07

7 Feb 2013 11:23
At the end of the day neymar is a spectacular talent. Writing him of after one game is crazy, all great players have games where they "don't turn up". Messi did it in the CL against Chelsea last year, Ronaldo does it in most big international tournaments. People are quick to shoot down the talented people in this country because that is just our nature and it's probably why our own superstars will never achieve their full potential and win a world cup. I believe Neymar will prove all the none-believers wrong many times in years to come.
hate
hate avatar

1577 posts since 4/1/12

7 Feb 2013 11:27
Goldie wrote: At the end of the day neymar is a spectacular talent. Writing him of after one game is crazy, all great players have games where they "don't turn up". Messi did it in the CL against Chelsea last year, Ronaldo does it in most big international tournaments. People are quick to shoot down the talented people in this country because that is just our nature and it's probably why our own superstars will never achieve their full potential and win a world cup. I believe Neymar will prove all the none-believers wrong many times in years to come.
agree with this! hope he joins bayern under pep and becomes bayerns "messi"
yellowpages
yellowpages avatar

2120 posts since 11/6/10

7 Feb 2013 11:49
Neymar won't leave Santos until after the World Cup.