General Discussion: The XBOX Thread


Show original post
chopper
chopper avatar

4735 posts since 16/3/04

26 Nov 2006 20:25
Ineff wrote:
Sol wrote: All I'm trying to say is that next generation is here right now with the 360 and the Wii for a new type of gaming experience on Friday. Waiting for the PS3 is only kidding yourself.

fan-fucking-tastic Laughing out loud
Jack
Jack avatar

7300 posts since 12/9/06

26 Nov 2006 20:30
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
Sol
Sol avatar

12241 posts since 17/3/03

26 Nov 2006 21:31
darko_pancev wrote: true gamers know that the xbox will never be fully appreciated.. simply because their controllers are horse shit. the first gen xbox controller was built for andre the giant, the s controller was an improvement, and the new 360 controller is ok, except for the shoulder buttons are still shit.

the ps2 controller is perfect, and pro evo on that cannot be beaten for a multi player experience. the new ps3 controller looks like it will continue this trend… and saying they havent got any ps2 only title or launch titles with credibility is bull crap.. have you seen armoured core (or something like that), ff7, killzone, mgs4, tekken … all launch titles, the 360 has been out a year and only now i bought it.. simply because there was no killer title.

and am i the only one who reads funky's posts and think they sound like a 10 year old wrote them?

i have an xbox 360 and it is good

The PS3 controller no longer has rumble feature due to a silly legal battle that Sony wouldn't come to an agreement on like other manafacturers did, so removed it all together. Then it has a tacked on copy of Nintendo with motion sensing which will be nothing compared to what the Wiimote offers.

For what is the market leader, Sony is sure doing a lot of copying, rather than leading.

Armoured Core…. the same game that is also coming to the 360 because the developers realised they would not make enough return if they only released it on PS3. Final Fantasy 7… I have that on Playstation 1. Tekken still doesn't have a release date, and its just another Tekken game. Metal Gear Solid 4 is still at least a year away, maybe next Xmas. It's the only game I'd consider buying a PS3 for, but with Konami making loses, there is talk that MGS4 may loose its PS3 exlusivity if Sony don't throw a load of money at them… which considering how hard up for money the Sony corporation is right now, might not happen.

I'll agree that I also didn't want a 360 until Dead Rising came out. But if it took nearly a year for the games on the 360 to get good, it could well be a similar case with the PS3 when you look at the lacklustre games for it so far and that the cross platform games are running better on the 360. It may well be released (not here) but that means more time to catch up. We still don't even know whether Sony will even meet the March European release date. They refuse to comment on it being set in stone.
Brad
Brad avatar

5025 posts since 20/6/01

26 Nov 2006 21:38
360 ads are usually crap, but quite like the 'mad world' tune backing to some stupid looking giant spider attacking an Arnie lookie-likee - glimpses of Sol's World™ Laughing out loud
jet
jet avatar

5758 posts since 20/6/01

26 Nov 2006 22:12
Brad wrote: 360 ads are usually crap, but quite like the 'mad world' tune backing to some stupid looking giant spider attacking an Arnie lookie-likee - glimpses of Sol's World™ Laughing out loud

yeah, i like the juxta of the track and the action in that ad…bit like a woo movie.

my nephew is getting a xbox for christmas, and on his santa list he's asked me to get him a game for it. any recommendations?
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

26 Nov 2006 22:15
How old ?
jet
jet avatar

5758 posts since 20/6/01

26 Nov 2006 22:20
Homer wrote: How old ?

turned 11 this month…parents not too worried about ratings, but as a kiddiewinkle he's not the greatest ever gamer so nothing too complex
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

26 Nov 2006 22:23
I would say this is the best game ive played so far. Not sure if an 11 would like it though.

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11299∣=326908

MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4412 posts since 7/7/06

26 Nov 2006 22:24
isn't they a game called Viva Piniata aimed at that age?
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

26 Nov 2006 22:26
yea ive heard thats meant to be good,

sounds abit weird though

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11287∣=329625
JimmyC
JimmyC avatar

1820 posts since 14/8/04

26 Nov 2006 22:26
Viva Pinata is awesome.
jet
jet avatar

5758 posts since 20/6/01

26 Nov 2006 22:28
Homer wrote: I would say this is the best game ive played so far. Not sure if an 11 would like it though.

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11299∣=326908

looks good, and if he doesn't like it the grown-ups can make the most of the multiplayer feature after a few eggnogs.

cheers homer Smiling
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

26 Nov 2006 22:32
JimmyC wrote: Viva Pinata is awesome.

Now viva pinata is how i imagine sols world

TedMaul
TedMaul avatar

979 posts since 16/3/03

26 Nov 2006 22:45
the 'ps3 has shit launch games' argument is a shit one sol. i bought a ps2 on launch date and yes, it had shit launch games. but there isnt a single x box 1 game i have ever been interested in (and all my friends have one), as the ps2 proved its quality over time.

i rest my case when i state that we have PE6 on both the 360 and the ps2 in our house and although the graphics on the 360 are immense, we usually play the ps2 version as the controllers on the xbox are shit FACT. through playing one on a regular basis, i think the 360s life is going to be pretty short in comparison to the ps3
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4412 posts since 7/7/06

26 Nov 2006 23:01
TedMaul wrote: the 'ps3 has shit launch games' argument is a shit one sol. i bought a ps2 on launch date and yes, it had shit launch games. but there isnt a single x box 1 game i have ever been interested in (and all my friends have one), as the ps2 proved its quality over time.

i rest my case when i state that we have PE6 on both the 360 and the ps2 in our house and although the graphics on the 360 are immense, we usually play the ps2 version as the controllers on the xbox are shit FACT. through playing one on a regular basis, i think the 360s life is going to be pretty short in comparison to the ps3

it all comes down to the Japan/US divide, if you prefer Japanese games - Sony or Microsoft, american - Xbox.

i just don't like the excessivly generic american style games.
Sol
Sol avatar

12241 posts since 17/3/03

27 Nov 2006 03:44
TedMaul wrote: the 'ps3 has shit launch games' argument is a shit one sol. i bought a ps2 on launch date and yes, it had shit launch games. but there isnt a single x box 1 game i have ever been interested in (and all my friends have one), as the ps2 proved its quality over time.

i rest my case when i state that we have PE6 on both the 360 and the ps2 in our house and although the graphics on the 360 are immense, we usually play the ps2 version as the controllers on the xbox are shit FACT. through playing one on a regular basis, i think the 360s life is going to be pretty short in comparison to the ps3

You sound like the kind of person who only plays football games… these are generally the people who are Playstation fanboys in this country.

I disagree with the controllers also, I think the Xbox 360 wireless controller is probably the best I've used. I can see your argument though, as when you are used to playing something with one type of controller, its hard to switch.

Nobody can ever predict the life span of a console. If one manafactuer puts out a new one, chances are the others will begin to follow suit. Remember that the PS3 was supposed to have been out a long time ago, but due to Sony wanting to put Bluray in it, they took a lot longer.

It just amazes me how people put so much blind faith in Sony, especially the way they are treating the European market at the moment and coming out with so much false marketing and charging double the price of japan at a stupidly expensive pricepoint. A mate at work tonight was telling me about these new games he had got for his PS2 and how we should play it after work one night. I suggested Id bring in my 360 and we could play Gears of War to which he was like "Bastard… I can't affoard one of those…. I'm waiting for the PS3." Well if you can't affoard a 360, good luck affoarding a PS3.

The problem is that most people don't realize that the PS3 won't be much different the 360 and that most of the games people are waiting to get a PS3 for will be out on the 360 anyways. If Grand Theft Auto 4 came out tomorrow, and the PS3 was on sale in this country and there was practically no difference between the platforms… where would people put there money? On the console that costs nearly double the price of the 360… "Oh well, it's Sony, so we should have to pay a lot more."

Sony just seems to have an uncessary following, despite the way they are treating their customers and poorly running their entire business at the moment. It's almost as if they think that because they have been top for the last two generations that they have a golden spoon.


*Ranting over…. Awaits someones lame Sol's World comments*
blah
blah avatar

499 posts since 12/10/06

27 Nov 2006 04:56
No rumble feature on the PS3?? Does that mean no vibration or whatever?
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20693 posts since 26/1/06

27 Nov 2006 08:49
Homer wrote: Now viva pinata is how i imagine sols world

Laughing out loud
Murakami
Murakami avatar

13343 posts since 9/5/05

27 Nov 2006 08:59
Hmmmm Im not convinced on Viva Pinata , it seems like Harvest Moon crossed with Tamagotchi Puzzled
TedMaul
TedMaul avatar

979 posts since 16/3/03

27 Nov 2006 09:21
Sol wrote: You sound like the kind of person who only plays football games… these are generally the people who are Playstation fanboys in this country.

labelling me as a playstation fanboy who just plays football games is ridiculous sol. i own pre evo, pretty much every other 18-23 year old man owns some form of football game. one type of game i ve never understood the fascination with is war games, which the 360 has in absolute abundance. we have gears of war, yes the visuals are outstanding, but to be honest i ve never been into playing soldiers.

my favourite 360 game is burnout revenge


and MoB, that has to rank amongst the top 5 fuk posts ever Cool